My prayer back in May was: "Lord, if you open the doors--ALL of them--we will walk through them." Whaddya know... He has opened door after door. And now we are fulfilling our end of the deal. In about one month, we will be packed up and on our way to Haiti.
God has found us a home in Haiti. He found renters for our home here in the US. He has shown us a glimpse of the work He has for us to do there and found a school for our children to attend.
Ok, Lord. Since you're clipping right along on our "to do" list... Here's what is next:
1. We need a good home for our cat. She's 13. She's declawed. She is tired of dealing with toddlers. She's ready for a life of quiet luxury.
2. It would be great to sell the mini van. Yes, the one we just paid off. The one we've been enjoying not making payments on for the last 3 months. It was nice while it lasted. It's a 2006 Honda Odyssey. Anyone interested?
3. We have a dining room table, 6 chairs, and china hutch to sell. Won't be needing it.
4. We need a truck. One that won't get stuck on Haitian roads. One that will haul anything from people to basketball court-building supplies. Oh, and we need to have it delivered to us in Haiti.
5. Boxes. We need lots of them. And a storage facility.
6. We need a microwave.
That's all I can think of for now. I'm willing to bet God knows of other things we need that I haven't even contemplated yet. He's probably already working out those details, too. He's taking care of business.